Between dreams and the night sky there lie some important things. Some things,
I need as much as I need to breathe and to eat (although they are less boring).
They are the stars in the night sky of my life, somewhere between dreams and reality.
I`ll post about my paintings, drawings, photographs etc. as well as travelling and maybe sometimes about music and theatre.

Sunday 10 July 2016

Sunrise over Rome





 Finally, on my last day in Rome, I got my pictures of the sunrise. And In my opinion, they are the best photos of the whole trip.

These moments I spent at the Capitoline Hill, watching the sun rise over the Fori Imperiali, are certainly among the most special moments of my whole life. I really can`t describe the feeling, but maybe you can get an idea of it when you look at my photos.





S.Maria in Aracoeli













Palazzo dei Conservatori












Piazza del Campidoglio


 If I ever return to Rome, I will certainly visit these museums.




















A last short walk to S. Maria in Trastevere, one of the oldest churches in Rome. They used parts of the Caracalla baths when they built it.
I loved walking through the quarter while there appeared more and more people in the streets, on their way to work.
















Right after returning to Germany, I thought that I would never want to go back to Rome. But now that some time has passed, I discover more and more things that I would like to see. So I will definitely return there at least one more time. But with other planning, that will include more time alone...










Share on Tumblr









No comments:

Post a Comment