Between dreams and the night sky there lie some important things. Some things,
I need as much as I need to breathe and to eat (although they are less boring).
They are the stars in the night sky of my life, somewhere between dreams and reality.
I`ll post about my paintings, drawings, photographs etc. as well as travelling and maybe sometimes about music and theatre.

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Esslingen




 
Last Saturday, right after the trip to Ulm, I went to Esslingen with Janni to take some more pictures there. She needs them for her diploma thesis. It`s a nice experience to go taking photos with another photographer. 

The first church we entered, was St Dionys, a medieval church. It was built in Romanesque and Gothic style. The connecting bridge was added later, of course.










I must say, I like black and white pictures more and more. Looking at them is a little bit like drawing. I have to experiment more with that. Hopefully I`ll have an oppertunity for that once I  get my grandpa`s old analogue camera. I´m already so excited about that!



The windows in the choir are really old.
 
















Esslingen is known for its beautiful houses, especially the houses from the middle ages. On the left you can see the town hall with the front in Renaissance style.



The church straight ahead is the minster. Unfortunately I can`t tell you if it`s beautiful from the inside, because there was a wedding when we wanted to go inside and so we were just like "Ooops, sorry." and went out again.


                                                                                                      
Then we went inside the Frauenkirche, also with beautiful windows.  
I`m getting better at finding the right position for taking photos. Its always a lot of walking around, checking, correcting the position, then waiting for other people to get out of the way...







 













  After that, we went up all the stairs to the castle, with a beautiful view.




 

Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment